GARY L. SMITH COLLECTION
No. 8722. Airco D.H.4A (F5764) Royal Air Force
Aeroplane Photo Supply (APS) Photo No. 1084
03/31/2009. Produced by Palladium Autocars of Putney, London, UK, as a D.H.4, this aircraft was converted to a three-seat D.H.4A transport for use by RAF No.2 Communications Squadron at RAF Kenley near Croydon, London, UK. While the pilot sat in the open cockpit, two passengers were seated face to face in the enclosed cabin. The squadron was disbanded in September 1919, and F5764 was sold to Handley Page, eventually it was registered as G-EAWH on February 17, 1921.
Created March 31, 2009