10/15/2006. Remarks by Jack McKillop: "This aircraft was built for the USAAF as a B-25D-35-NC, USAAF s/n 43-3848. This was one of the Mitchells 'loaned' to the RAF under Lend-Lease in WW II and transferred to the RCAF.
This Mitchell is shown in the markings of No. 406
"City of Saskatoon" (Light Bomber) Squadron (Auxiliary)
which operated Mitchells between June 1948 and June 1958 from their
base at Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The squadron was assigned
June 1948-August 1951: North West Air Command
August 1951-June 1953: Tactical Air Group
June 1953-January 1955: Tactical Air Command
January 1955-June 1958: No. 23 Wing (Auxiliary), Tactical Air Command."
View also photo 9875.