In 1939, J. Omer (Bob) Noury, then the air engineer of the Ottawa Flying Club, decided he wanted to design and build a light aircraft, with the intention of marketing it in Canada. He completed the machine with stressing assistance from Charles H. Cotton and Lyle Nesbitt. The aircraft was a strut-braced high-wing monoplane seating two side-by-side. Its conventional structure had a welded steel-tube fuselage and tail surfaces, wood en wing structure, and was fabric covered. The engine was a 65 hp Continental A65-3.
William Nixon, Ottawa Flying Club instructor, took it up for its first flight, from Uplands, on January 21, 1940. It was registered CF-BPX (c/n 1) but never named or otherwise designated. The machine was given a domestic certificate of airworthiness and Noury took it with him to Saskatchewan a year later where he sold it in September 1941, and the aircraft was damaged almost immediately in a landing accident. Noury, then in Stoney Creek, Ontario, near Hamilton, bought it back in 1942. He repaired the machine and modified it to make it suitable for drop testing parachutes. It was operated by Cub Aircraft Ltd on this work, but after testing only 53 parachutes, CF-BPX spun in from a low altitude at Hamilton Airport on September 21, 1942, killing its pilot, R.R. Honey.
Noury then formed Noury Aircraft Ltd. at Stoney Creek with himself as President and General Manager. It was intended to build and sell two new types which were to be developed from the original CF-BPX design. The new designs were started and George E. Otter, Chief Engineer of Fleet Aircraft, and another Fleet engineer, George Dalton, did the stressing.
The first of the two designs, designated N-75, was a side-by-side two-seater based very closely on CF-BPX, but the span was slightly reduced and a 75 hp Continental engine fitted. Registered CF-BYW (c/n 1) it was first flown from Hamilton Airport late in 1944 by T. Borden Fawcett, Noury's test pilot and sales manager. After the flight the prototype was returned to Stoney Creek and sold in the spring of 1945 to Fleet Aircraft. After some modifications it was put into production as the Fleet 80 Canuck.
The second design, designated T-65, had a tandem seating arrangement and a 65 hp Continental engine, was very similar to the side-by-side model but had a narrower fuselage which reduced the wingspan by 10 in (25 cm). The prototype, CF-BYX (c/n 1), was first flown on November 24, 1945, by T.B. Fawcett from Hamilton Airport. A certificate of airworthiness was obtained, and the type was named the Noranda after the Quebec mining town.
Early in 1946 it was announced that a production model would be produced. It was to have a door fitted only on the starboard side to allow better throttle and trim control arrangement, and the undercarriage track was to be increased by 2 ft (61 cm). Then a new market survey indicated that the Canadian market would not be large enough so the production plans were discontinued.The prototype was sold in August 1946 and continued in private use until retired in 1960. The affairs of Noury Aircraft Ltd. were wound up in 1946 and the company ceased operation.