D-3802, and was a development of the Morane-Saulnier M.S.450, and the type is also referred to as the Morane-Saulnier M.S.540.
Powered by an 1,250 hp Saurer (license-built Hispano-Suiza) YS-2 twelve-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, the D-3802 was of all-metal monocoque stressed-skin construction and carried an armament of one engine-mounted 0.787 in (20 mm) cannon and four wing-mounted machine guns. The prototype (s/n J-401) flew for the first time on September 29, 1944.
A pre-series of twelve aircraft was ordered, designated D-3802A and s/n J-403 to J-414, these having modified outer wing panels of reduced span, but similar area, and the wing-mounted machine guns replaced by a pair of 0.787 in (20 mm) cannon. The first D-3802A flew on May 18, 1946, while J-405 was built as the prototype of the D-3803.
The eleven D-3802s served with Fliegerstaffel 17 until 1956. The prototype J-401 was also delivered to the Swiss AF, on January 1, 1948, and was withdrawn from use on February 17, 1956.
Span: 32 ft 10.5 in (10.02 m)
Length: 30 ft 6.375 in (9.31 m)
Height: 10 ft 11.5 in (3.34 m)
Wing area: 188.37 sq.ft (17.5 sq.m)
Weight empty: 5,500 lb (2,495 kg)
Loaded weight: 8,607 lb (3,904 kg)
Max speed: 391 mph (629 kmh) at 21,325 ft (6,500 m)
Climb: 2,795 ft (852 m)/min
Range: 404 mls (650 km)