11/30/2008. One of six NA-68s produced for the Royal Thai AF in November 1940, designated NA-50A, this and the other five aircraft were requisitioned by the US government shortly before delivery. Redesignated P-64 they received the s/n 41-19082 to 41-19087, and the pictured aircraft (41-19085) was delivered to the USAAC on April 16, 1941 and used for advanced fighter training, although the weapons had been removed.
In 1943 the original 870 hp Wright R1820-77 Cyclone radial engine was replaced by an 1,300 hp R1820-66. After the war 41-19085 was bought by Jack Canary of Phoenix, Arizona and registered NX37498. Sold again in 1949 it was subsequently registered to the Mexican Light and Power Company as XB-KUU. Some time later it returned to the USA, was registered N68622 and had yet another engine change, now to the 1,200 hp R1820-60.
In 1963 it was obtained by Paul Poberezny of the EAA and registered N840, it is still on display at the EAA at Oskosh, Wisconsin.