08/31/2017. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "The Do D was a new design of the year 1924 for its licensee, Kawasaki Dockyard Co, of Kobe, Japan. It was a braced high-wing monoplane of all-metal construction and had a wing consisting of a wing center section and two wing halves. The wing center section was connected to the fuselage by two short, rigid pairs of cabane struts. The wing halves were held in place by two struts each, attached to the float struts. The fuselage held the engine in the nose, a two-seat flight deck below the upper wing, and storage hold in the rear. Fuel was carried in two wing tanks.
The first Do D was powered by a Rolls-Royce Eagle engine with nose radiator. In 1926-1927, the Do D series was continued with a BMW VI engine without transmission. Different versions were tested: enclosed and open float struts, flight deck forward under the wing or behind the wing, belly or side radiator, different tail unit designs and wing arrangements in the fuselage.
Yugoslavia purchased 24 Do D aircraft, the German Ministry of Transport three units. A major success were eight world records established with the type in July-August 1927."