Photographed at Beatty, Nevada, USA, ca. 1938, via John Lisle
10/31/2009. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "This autogiro was originally produced as an 165 hp Continental A-70 powered K-2. The side-by-side two-seater was designed by W. Laurence LePage, and fourteen aircraft were produced. Subsequently NC12633 became one of four K-2As when it was re-engined with a 210 hp Continental R-670. Eventually it was fitted with a 210 hp Kinner C-5 and was redesignated K-3. The fate of the aircraft is unknown.
The man pictured in front of the aircraft is "Pop" Richings, owner of the local gas pump and garage."