01/31/2008. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This aircraft was manufactured as a target tug by National Steel Car at Malton, Ontario, Canada and delivered to the RCAF, s/n 2346 on April 24, 1942. It was struck off charge on January 15, 1947 and sold. It changed hands several times in Canada and the USA, before it was acquired by Dwight Brooks of Van Nuys, California, in 1973. It was restored to flying condition and registered as N7791 it was flown again on July 3, 1974.
In 1977 the aircraft was donated to the NASM, but was immediately lent to the AF Museum, Dayton, Ohio, until 1997. It is seen here displayed at the NASM finished in the colours of RAF No. 138 (Special Duties) Squadron, that was based at RAF Tempsford in Bedfordshire, England, 1941 to 1945."