09/30/2007. This aircraft was built at Fort Worth as a B-24J-90-CF for
the USAAF, s/n 44-44175. It was immediately transferred to the RAF as
a Liberator GR.Mk.VI, s/n KH304, and delivered to the air Command
South East Asia in India late 1944. After the war this aircraft was
transferred to the Indian AF, s/n HE877, and served in the Maritime
When struck off charge by the Indian AF the aircraft was bought by the
museum, and registered as N7866, it was flown to the USA, arriving at
Tucson on April 27, 1969. The aircraft is on static display being
painted in the markings of No.6 Squadron, Indian AF, on the right
side and in the markings of the USAAF 446th Bomb Group, Bungay,
England (1944), on the left side, with "Bungay Buckaroo "
as nose art.