06/30/2012. Produced as an A 16 and powered by a 96 hp Siemens Sh 11 five-cylinder radial engine, the aircraft was registered D-646 in July 1925 and was delivered to the NOLAG (Norddeutsche Luftverkehr A.G., North German airlines) at Bremen, Germany.
By 1927 the aircraft had been re-engined with an 125 hp Siemens Sh 14 seven-cylinder radial engine, was redesignated A 16c and reregistered D-731, while NOLAG had changed to NOLUG (Norddeutsche Luftverkehr GmbH).
In June 1930 the aircraft was reregistered to Luftreklame GmbH (air advertising) of Hamburg and in April 1931 to Luftsport GmbH, also of Hamburg. The flying permit was withdrawn in October 1931, before or after that the aircraft was reportedly owned by a P. Melchertsen of Altona.
The fuselage and wing text 'Besucht Borkum' (visit Borkum) is referring to a German island in the North Sea.